Reopen date announced as 13th June 2020
We would like to extend our appreciation to our community, our clients, our health care workers, our teachers, our families, and our team.
We have received an announcement this week (2/6) that we are able to reopen after 12 weeks of forced closure. Based on the 1 person per 4 sqm rule, we can accomodate up to 75 people at one time. Group classes at this time are limited to 10 persons.
We had introduced many measures before closing our doors, and we have since added additional measures to ensure the safety of everyone’s health. These measures are in addition to the measures that NSW Health have recommended and we all have a personal responsibility to protect ourselves, our loved ones and the community against the risk of Covid. These include:
- Physical Distancing – Always keep at least 1.5m away from other individuals at all times. We have deactivated every second cardio machine to ensure at least 1.5m between each user is adhered to. Our facility is 300sqm, and based on the current recommendations our facility can allow a maximum of 75 persons at any time. We will not be offering PNF (partner) stretching. Stretching will be demonstrated and encouraged at the end of each session. Touch adjustments will not be offered during your PT session, verbal adjustments will be offered.
- Practice good hand hygiene along with regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces. – We have a sink and soap available for our members and visitors to wash hands upon arrival and prior to departure of our premises. We also have hand sanitizer available for your use. We have four dispensers for disinfecting wipes and additional wipes available throughout the gym to wipe all contact surfaces before and after any physical contact. Our staff are regularly cleaning equipment and surfaces, and we have commercial cleaners that provide a regular after hours cleaning service also. We ask that you always bring a clean towel and water bottle, and that you carry these independently.
- Stay home if unwell – We encourage all staff, clients and visitors to stay home if unwell. If you have any mild symptoms, please isolate and get tested for covid. We have a contactless thermometer available for use. Fitness facility members who are vulnerable to a serious COVID-19 infection should discuss with their doctor what activities it is safe for them to resume once restrictions are eased. The onus is on the member to determine their capacity to safely resume fitness activities and attendance at fitness facilities.
- Contact Tracing – We will always maintain a Register of Attendance via our booking system. All of our staff have installed the CovidSafe app and we encourage our members to do so also.
- Group Fitness – as at 13th June, Group Classes indoors is can be conducted with a limit of 10 Persons. Bookings are required until group class limits are relaxed.
We appreciate the support and understanding we have received to date. We will keep you informed of future announcements, and look forward to seeing you all soon.
Lorah Chetcuti and Joseph Dagher