How to Improve your Respiratory System
What is the respiratory system?
The human respiratory system is a series of organs responsible for taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide. The primary organs of the respiratory system are the lungs, which carry out this exchange of gases as we breathe.
The respiratory system consists of all the organs involved in breathing. These include the nose, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi and lungs.
Ways to Improve the respiratory system
- Stop smoking, and avoid secondhand smoke, environmental irritants, dusts and chemicals.
- Eat Foods rich in antioxidants. The best antioxidant sources are fruits and vegetables, as well as products derived from plants. Some good choices include blueberries, raspberries, apples, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, eggplant, and legumes like red kidney beans or black beans. They’re also found in green tea and black tea
- Do Breathing exercises. Take deep breaths. Join our Shape Personal Training Yoga class and practice your breathing regularly. The breath awareness is a focus during our classes.
- Consume enough Vitamin D. Vitamin D can be absorbed via the sun. Foods that contain vitamin D include oily fish, eggs yolks and red meat.
- Improve your posture. Studies show that slumped sitting decreases our lung capacity. Be sure to attend your Shape Personal Training Session. We offer specific exercises to improve posture. Our Yoga classes will help improve posture too.
- Be active. As we exercise our lungs absorb oxygen and expel carbon dioxide. When you exercise this process happens quicker and makes your lungs stronger and more efficient over time. Our HIIT group classes are a great way to exercise those lungs.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands regularly to avoid infections.
We would encourage you to increase your training at this time. We at Shape Personal Training are dedicated to helping our tribe stay committed to their health and wellness.
Prevention is always better than a cure. Don’t wait till your respiratroy sytem is compromised. We would love to help you stay healthy.
Yours in Health and Wellness,
Shape Personal Training Pty Ltd
Personal Trainer & Yoga Teacher